Answers to common questions
Questions about the Parish Council
As a member of the public, you have the right to attend the annual parish meeting of Great Amwell as well as meetings of the Great Amwell Parish Council.
All meetings of Great Amwell Parish must be open to the public, except in limited defined circumstances. The Parish Council can only decide, by resolution, to meet in private when discussing confidential business or for other special reasons where publicity would be prejudicial to the public interest. Examples of confidential information etc. include:
- Discussions on the conduct of employees.
- Negotiations of contracts or terms of tender.
- Legal disputes.
The Chairman of a meeting can exclude any member of the public from a meeting in order to maintain orderly conduct or prevent genuine disruption.
The MEETINGS AND EVENTS CALENDAR contains details of the Parish Council’s meetings schedule.
Meetings of Great Amwell Parish Council are held on the second Thursday of each month (excluding August) in the Parish Hall, Hillside Lane, Great Amwell. Meetings commence at 20:00 hours unless otherwise stated.
From time to time, vacancies occur on the parish council and we’re always interested to hear from people who want to make a difference to the lives of people in the village.
By becoming a parish councillor, you become someone your community will look to for help, guidance, and support. A community leader with the power to influence decisions for the benefit of the people you serve.
This could be your chance to make a difference.
Interested? – Contact the parish clerk – email@example.com
- The Council produces a bi monthly newsletter.
- Past copies of the newsletter can be viewed or downloaded from the DOWNLOADS SECTION..
- You can sign up to receive regular updates of Parish Council events by email. Just enter your name and email address in the form at the foot of this page and you will be added automatically to our mailing list. You can unsubscribe from this at any time.
Other places to find information
Many events are publicised on the village notice boards. These are located outside the Parish Hall, St John the Baptist Church and on the small green at the Scott Avenue/Gilpins Gallop junction.