Tuesday, 28 November 2023

Reporting an Issue

Getting help when it’s needed

We’re here to help, but before you report anything, please check which organisation is responsible for the issue.

You’ll find the relevant contact information here together with direct links to the appropriate websites.  Before you begin, it’s worth checking to see if the issue you are concerned about has already been reported or that updates are available on any progress that has been made.

There are many websites providing updates on local issues or allowing you to report issues online. Yyou’ll find links to popular sites at the foot of this page.  Social Media may also provide updates but take care to ensure that the information is from a reliable source.


site vert png

Alcohol Licensing

Bus Passes

Business Rates

Community Tax

Disposal fridges/freezers

Dog Warden

Environmental Services

Housing Benefits

Park/Recreation Grounds

Pest Control


Public Car Parks & Parking Permits

Public Toilets


Tree Preservation


Contact EHDC


site vert png


Bus Shelters (some)

Conservation Area

Development Control consultee

Dog Bins

Footpath maintenance works


Litter Bins

Litter Pickers
(in partnership with
the Amwell Society)

Neighbourhood Plan
(jointly with Stanstead Abbotts
and Stanstead St Margarets)

St Margaretsbury Sports
and Recreation Ground
(jointly with Stanstead Abbotts
and Stanstead St Margarets)

Some Public Footpaths/Bridleways

Village Signs

War Memorial

Website & Social Media

Contact GAPC

site vert png

Adult Social Services

Children’s Social Services

Countryside Management

Disability Information Bureau

Education benefits

Fire and Rescue

Highways, roads, and pavements

Libraries and Archives

Passenger Transport

Registry of Births, marriages, and deaths

School Admissions

Special Educational Needs

Trading Standards

Waste and re-cycling

Waste Aware

Contact HCC
Hertfordshire Constabulary
Fix My Street
Discover Hertford
AA Roadwatch
In Your Area
Herts Live
Royal Mail
Thames Water

site new